Thursday, September 24, 2009

New images of the center of Milky Way galaxy, then some reflection


Beautiful, isn't it? (click picture to enlarge, click here to see the same image with explanatory labels)
---
Here is a pretty good video explaining the Milky Way Galaxy.
---
Here is a beautiful time lapse photo sequence of the Milky Way photographed from Spain:

---

And here, just for good measure (pun), is a video that impresses me every time I see it - the size of earth in context:


"In the beginning, God Created the Heavens and the Earth" --Genesis 1:1

"O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me... You both precede and follow me... If I go up to heaven, you are there... To you the night shines as bright as day..." --from Psalm 139

2 comments:

  1. These videos are amazing. I have been a handful of places where I have seen the milky way in the night sky with my own eyes...it is breathtaking. I love how small it makes me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, Ben. It is truly amazing to consider our place in the big scheme of God's good creation!

    ReplyDelete