Thursday, May 14, 2009

Can You Name Who Said This?

“Organized religions in general, in my opinion, are dying forms. They were all very important when we didn't know why the sun moved, why weather changed, why hurricanes occurred, or volcanoes happened . . . Modern religion is the end trail of modern mythology. But there are people who interpret the Bible literally. Literally! . . . . I choose not to believe that's the way. And that's what makes America cool, you know?"

No cheating, and leave your guesses in the comment section.

5 comments:

  1. The woman of Miss California fame? I'm thinking it has to be a celebrity, not a thinker, because of uses "cool" and "you know". My second guess would be someone like Oprah. I'm probably way off, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bono would be my guess. I can hear him say "literally!" and he has a disdain for organized religion but a love for Christ. So that's my guess.
    - Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just googled and was way off. You could have given me 1,000 guesses and I would never have been right.

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I followed Jack's example and looked it up after posting my guess. If we don't take religious philosophy advice from this person, then from whom will we take it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so you figured this one out. It was Bruce Willis. You can see the quote, as well as others, at www.celebatheists.com. It is a site worth checking!

    ReplyDelete