Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Response to Online Education Post

I certainly appreciate your views on online education; however, the education system is not what it was over 26 years ago when I attended public school. Children are introduced to computers throughout elementary school these days. The penmanship of our youth today is evidence of the negative impact technology has played in the teaching styles of today.

The technological advances of today have also enhanced the opportunities to participate in distance learning. I have attended traditional college classes throughout the years; however, I prefer attending classes online. I find my university's online format structured and engaging.

I definitely think it is important to have a strong support system, but I also reflect on the intrinsic motivation that led me to return to school.

We all have different learning styles; online education isn't for everyone, but at least it provides a viable option to traditional learning.

Dawn Workman

No comments:

Post a Comment